Small Habits That Make a Big Difference

08.10.23
Small Habits That Make a Big Difference (Vishal Bhatnagar/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

ChicagoWe all want to become the best version of ourselves. It’s important to remember that the small things we do have the power to make a significant difference. 

Here are some small habits to incorporate into your life that will make a big and positive difference.

Stretching in the Morning

After a long night of sleeping, your body can get stiff and tight. Starting your day by stretching before you do anything else. Stretching when you first wake up is a great way to relieve stress and tension in your body and start your day the right way.

Journaling

Whether it’s gratitude journaling or just word vomit on a piece of paper, journaling is a way to release the thoughts in your mind and can help to bring yourself peace mentally. 

Using a To-Do List/Planner

With all of life’s responsibilities and obligations, it can be difficult to remember everything. Creating to-do lists and using planners help to make things easier. 

Making Your Bed as Soon as You Get Up

Having a made bed not only gives you a cleaner-looking space, but it also gives you a made bed to get back in at the end of the day.

Increasing Your Water Intake

Drinking more water helps with hydration but also energy, preventing headaches, improving digestion and much more.

Practice The 5-Minute Rule

One of the things that’s helped me stay on top of things is doing tasks that take five minutes or less to complete as soon as I see that they need to be done. Why leave it for yourself to do later if you have a few minutes to spare and you can get it done?