Content in partnership with KCBS

Early Decision: An Overthinker’s Dilemma

12.16.19
Early Decision: An Overthinker’s Dilemma (Photo: Adan Barrera)

I’m an overthinker. I sweat the little things, like what ice cream I’m in the mood for. So when it was time to choose a college for early decision, I was completely stuck. 

Over the past few months, I looked up everything I could about colleges, from statistics like professor salaries to alumni testimonials. After all that, you’d think that I’d have a clear idea of where I want to go to college, but I found myself more confused.  

I realized that a lot of the information I was looking at wasn’t even relevant to me. So, I took a step back and just asked myself where I wanted to go to college — based on who I am and my personality, not a list of stats. I ended up applying early decision to that college. The irony is that I was leaning towards that college before I did all my research.

Now it’s a matter of waiting. I know this won’t be the last time I’ll have to make a decision that impacts my future. Next time, I’ll be careful not to get so bogged down in the process that I forget myself.