Biden Pulls Ahead in Georgia and Pennsylvania

11.06.20
Biden Pulls Ahead in Georgia and Pennsylvania (Photos: Jim Watson and Saul Loeb / AFP via Getty Images)

Joe Biden inched past President Donald Trump in two states in the wee hours Friday that could decide the winner of the election.

Down by about 2,000 votes in Georgia, Biden pushed past Trump and now leads him by more than 4,000 votes. The Georgia Secretary of State said there will be a recount.

In Pennsylvania, the former vice president was down by more than 10,000 votes and now leads by more than 21,000 votes. A win in the state would give Biden the 270 electoral votes needed to become president-elect.

Biden also leads in Nevada by more than 22,000 votes, and in Arizona by more than 29,000 votes. 

The Trump campaign threatened to file a lawsuit Thursday night in Nevada to stop the count in Clark County.

“This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final,” said Matt Morgan, Trump 2020 campaign general counsel, in a statement released Friday morning.

Trump maintains sizeable leads in North Carolina and Alaska.

All states remain too close to call.

Electoral votes as of 6:00 p.m. PT/9:00 p.m. ET: Biden 253, Trump 214