Unvaccinated and Exposed to COVID? Quarantining No Longer Required.

The new guidance mirrors what was given for the vaccinated.

08.12.22
Unvaccinated and Exposed to COVID? Quarantining No Longer Required. (Getty Images)

ChicagoThose who chose not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 will no longer be required to quarantine if they’ve been exposed to the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its guidance to reflect that the exposed get tested five days after exposure and wear a mask for 10 days.

"We're in a stronger place today as a nation, with more tools — like vaccination, boosters, and treatments — to protect ourselves, and our communities, from severe illness from COVID-19. This guidance acknowledges that the pandemic is not over, but also helps us move to a point where COVID-19 no longer severely disrupts our daily lives," Dr. Greta Massetti, chief of the field epidemiology and prevention branch at the CDC and one of the authors of the updated guidance, said in a statement.

The CDC also recommends that those with COVID and have been isolating can go back out in public after two negative tests 48 hours apart.