Indya Moore: ‘Pose’ Star Lends Voice of Solidarity with Palestine

05.20.21
Indya Moore: ‘Pose’ Star Lends Voice of Solidarity with Palestine (Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)

CaliforniaThe violent Israeli-Palestinian conflict has entered it’s second week. As of Wednesday afternoon, at least 227 people in Gaza have died and 1,620 have been wounded. 

“Pose” actor Indya Moore shared their solidarity with Palestine amid the violent conflict. 

Last week, Moore went on Instagram live with Mohammed el-Kurd, Palestinian writer and poet, to talk about the growing violence. They connected the colonization of Palestine to their own ancestry in which Haitians fought against French colonizers in 1791. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CO0X8Fcna7S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Since the chat with el-Kurd, they continued to show solidarity with Palestinians on social media and in person by attending a pro-Palestine rally in New York City as well as continuing to post updates about the conflict, information surrounding ethnic cleansing and antisemitism and resources. 

Many celebrities have been skeptical about discussing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the past due to fear of backlash, but Moore said, “I’m not afraid of not ever working with people who are not in alignment with my politics.”