Willow Smith Set Healthy Boundaries With Mom

11.10.21
Willow Smith Set Healthy Boundaries With Mom (Photo: FilmMagic/FilmMagic for Life is Beautiful Music & Art Festival via Getty Images)

ChicagoJada Pinkett Smith praised her daughter Willow for setting healthy boundaries in their relationship during a recent episode of their Facebook Watch series “Red Table Talk.” 

In a discussion with her mom, Adrienne Banfield-Norris, and guests Lauren London and Nedra Glover Tawwab, Pinkett Smith said she realized she needs to “stop trying to fix every d*** thing. That's not my job either,” highlighting the importance of listening to what people feel, including with Willow. 

“I gotta give Willow props because she’ll call me, disrupt and be like, ‘I don’t need you to fix anything mom, I just want you to listen,'” she said. 

Pinkett Smith continued, “I go, ‘Fantastic, I got you.’ Because she knows I’m going to go straight to, ‘Well we can do this and that.’ ‘Nope just listen to me mommy, I just need you to listen.'”