Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted in Wisconsin Homicide Case

11.19.21
Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted in Wisconsin Homicide Case (Getty Images News)

Kyle Rittenhouse, an armed teen who fatally shot two men and injured another during a night of unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin in August 2020, was found not guilty on all counts

The then-17-year-old drove from his Antioch, Illinois home to the small Wisconsin city to the scene of civil unrest two days after the Aug. 23, 2020 shooting of Jacob Blake by police officer Rusten Sheskey. 

Rittenhouse, armed with a semi-automatic rifle, said he was there to protect a business and offer medical assistance during the protests. 

Rittenhouse faced homicide charges in the deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber. 

Gaige Grosskreutz was shot in the arm after confronting Rittenhouse. He testified he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter and pointed a gun at him.

If he were found guilty, Rittenhouse would have faced a mandatory life sentence and been convicted of first-degree intentional homicide.