Michael B. Jordan Wants Next Generation to Stand on His Shoulders

11.24.20
Michael B. Jordan Wants Next Generation to Stand on His Shoulders (Photo: Rich Fury/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILMichael B. Jordan wants to inspire future generations to battle racial injustice by “laying down a solid foundation” for young people to fight on.

“This year has been so revealing and enlightening in so many different ways,” Jordan said in an interview with Wonderland magazine. “It’s like I’m standing on the past generation’s shoulders, I want this next generation to stand on top of mine. I want them to be a little bit taller, see further, speak louder, be better. So in the position, I’m in, I’m just trying to lay down a solid foundation for them to stand on.”

The 33-year-old actor uses his platform to fight for racial inequality and said that within this year, he’s learned to “rely more on my instincts and intuition.” 

“I would give that advice to people coming up and the next generation, to use your voice and to speak out on things that you truly believe in,” he said in Wonderland magazine. Because win, lose or draw, you can go to bed at night knowing that you lived your truth.”

It was recently announced that Jordan will direct and star in “Creed 3.”