Content Creator Nicole Laeno Faces Dream College Rejection

Amid college decision season for the college freshman class of 2025, Nicole Laeno shares her experiences after being rejected from her dream college.

04.22.24
Content Creator Nicole Laeno Faces Dream College Rejection (@nicolelaeno via Instagram)

CaliforniaEighteen-year-old professional dancer and YouTuber Nicole Laeno, was unfortunately rejected from her dream college, UCLA, on March 15. Considering Laeno’s achievements with modeling, dancing, starring on reality TV, and content creation on YouTube and TikTok, Laeno’s large fanbase of millions was shocked about the rejection.

From a young age, Laeno had her mind set on attending the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and openly expressed this desire on the internet. She claims she worked her entire life leading up to this moment. Laeno took to TikTok to deliver the news and share a video of her opening the decision letter from UCLA.

@nicolelaeno A knife to the heart tbh😁😁😁 But fr.. thank you all for your kind words & ongoing support i love you & GOD’S PLAN❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹 #college #rejected #classof2024 ♬ original sound - girl failure

Although the outcome was not what she had hoped for, Laeno told Good Morning America, "I've always wanted to share just the real stuff about growing up and I already knew when college decisions came around, I just wanted to record all of it, my reactions, everything that went down, and just the whole process in general."

In the face of rejection, Laeno endured feelings of disappointment but remained optimistic as her college decision letters continued to roll out. She received support from her family and fans throughout her journey. Ultimately, with her rejections came acceptances, leading her to San Diego State University (SDSU), where she is committed to attending this upcoming fall season.

"To any other seniors who are going through this process and maybe are still feeling the disappointment and loss, like, 100% go through all the motions, cry it all out if you need to but you will come to a place where you know that rejection is redirection and you will end up where you're supposed to," Laeno expressed.

Kyana Early (she/her) is a journalist from the San Francisco Bay Area who covers entertainment and culture.