Content in partnership with True Star

Project i AM Celebrates 8th Year

Though nearly a decade in, Project i Am is just getting started. Jackson has plans to distribute tiny homes in the near future.

03.04.24
Project i AM Celebrates 8th Year (TRUE STAR MEDIA)

ChicagoJahkil Jackson, creator of Project i Am, is living proof that age doesn’t matter when you want to do the right thing. For the eighth anniversary of his organization, Jackson, a junior at Curie High School, hosted the Blessing Bag Packing Party as part of his giving back initiative to the unhoused population.

The Blessing Bag Packing Party – which stocks up giveaway bags filled with wipes, socks, deodorant, hand sanitizer, granola bars, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bottled water, and more – took place at True Star’s headquarters in Bronzeville. People of all ages came out to support the Project i Am mission and give of their time to make a difference.

“After eight years, it’s a great feeling to be running this organization, especially being the impact that we’ve made so far,” Jackson said. “It’s important that I understand the amount of young people that I’ve influenced and still are able to inspire.”

During the packing party, 500 Blessing Bags were created and sent to Kennedy-King College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago located in the Englewood community.

Jackson’s overall goal?: demolishing homelessness.

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.