Struggling to Vote: Problems at the Polls

11.06.18
Struggling to Vote: Problems at the Polls (Photo credit: U.S. Air Force Graphic)

The message to “go out and vote” is incredibly clear, particularly on #ElectionDay. But sometimes, that's easier said than done.

Even though voting is one of the most basic civic duties, voters in several cities across the country are reporting problems at the polls today—from malfunctioning machines to long lines and mail-in ballots that never arrived.

Voter suppression comes in many forms. People requesting but not receiving their ballots by mail, power outages, faulty registrations, long lines, and running out of paper are just a handful of the ways that some would-be voters are getting frustrated and turning away from the polls.

And we all know that time is of the essence as the polls start closing.

If you or someone you know is witnessing #VoterSuppression, call your local election protection hotline and tag us with your voting experience.