Self-Care Gifts To Give For Valentine’s Day

For those who want to celebrate self-love on Valentine’s Day, here are some gift ideas to consider.

02.10.23
Self-Care Gifts To Give For Valentine’s Day (Getty Images)

Valentine’s Day is a special occasion that gives us a chance to express our affection, admiration and gratitude towards important people in our lives, including ourselves. It is a day to celebrate love, in all its forms, as well as to spread happiness and positivity. Whether you are in a romantic relationship, have a close bond with a friend, want to show appreciation for your family or feel the need to treat yourself, the day is a great opportunity to show your love and care.

For those who want to celebrate self love, self-care gifts can be a wonderful way to show yourself or a loved one some appreciation and kindness. Such gifts focus on promoting wellness for physical, emotional and mental health. By giving a gift of self-care, you can show someone that you care for their well-being, and bring a smile to their face. 

Here are several ideas to consider.

Sweet Treats

Sweet candies are delicacies that can make anyone's stomach happy. Candies can be enjoyed as a special treat, or as a part of a self-care routine, to provide a moment of indulgence. A wide range of deliciously flavored gourmet candies are available for purchase at various retailers, including “See’s Candies,” “It’s Sugar,” “Sweet Factory,” as well as the candy aisle at a local market.

Spa Products

By giving spa products as a gift, you can encourage someone to take time for themselves while enjoying a luxurious and relaxing spa experience at home. Spa products include items such as facial tools, bath salts, body scrubs and aroma diffusers. The benefits of such products are rejuvenating, and make a great way to unwind from the stresses of everyday life.

Flower Bouquet

Fresh flowers are a timeless gift that can bring beauty and joy to any space. A bouquet of fresh flowers can add a touch of color and fragrance to a room, while promoting feelings of comfort, happiness and well-being. If customizing or delivering a bouquet is in your interest, a florist near you can be of service.

Grooming Tools

Grooming practices plays a significant role in promoting self-care, helping individuals feel confident with their appearance by maintaining the upkeep of their hygiene. If you're looking to give a gift that supports this important practice, consider personal grooming tools such as a toothbrush set, shaving supplies and hair trimmers. 

Beauty Cosmetics

For those who enjoy wearing makeup, consider giving a set of high-quality makeup items. There are a variety of makeup kits available at Sephora and Ulta that include items such as eyeshadows, lipsticks, or a brushes. Makeup products can help individuals feel confident and beautiful while providing a therapeutic way to express their personal style. 

Books & Journals

Books can help people become in-tune with personal growth. At Barnes & Nobles and Urban Outfitters, you can find self-help books, journals for self-reflection, planners for organization and recipe books for cooking. These items can provide a fun and creative outlet for self-expression while promoting inner peace.

Skincare Products

A quality skincare routine can improve skin health, reduce stress, and promote relaxation. A skincare kit that includes products such as face masks, toners, serums and moisturizers can make a thoughtful and practical gift. Consider giving a set of products that are specifically aligned with the recipient's skin type and concerns.

Hair Products & Accessories

Maintaining the health and appearance of hair is often a significant aspect for personal style and self-confidence. Retailers such as Sephora, Ulta and Target offer a range of haircare products that can help enhance the lustrous appearance of your hair. Products include styling tools, creams, masks, oils, as well as hair accessories, such as hair barettes, claw clips and scrunchies.

Clothing & Accessories

The clothing pieces we wear can have a powerful impact on our mood. Clothing can make a practical gift when tailored to the recipient’s interests. For instance, jewelry can boost confidence, comfy clothes provide relaxation, and gym outfits inspire physical activity. Lululemon, Aritzia, H&M and Target are current hotspots to find quality, trendy fashion.

Perfumes & Fragrances 

The act of applying fragrance, whether it be on ourselves or our living spaces, can be a form of self-expression while feeling pampered and indulgent. Among the many candles offered at Yankee Candle, you will find a variety of scents that can fill the room, while perfumes and body mists are available at Bath & Body Works, Sephora and Ulta.

Manicure & Pedicure ToolsWith manicure and pedicure tools, one can pamper their hands and feet with tender love and care. Some examples of manicure tools include nail polish, clippers, files and cuticle pushers. With the right set of tools, you can shape and clean your nails, care for your cuticle, and remove any dry skin to leave your hands soft, smooth and presentable.