DIY Video Games

01.03.23
DIY Video Games (Getty Images)

ChicagoWe’ve all had that idea about a cool or special video game, so why not test it out? I myself am developing an RPG (role playing game) with some of my very talented friends. It’s a long and arduous process, but fret not! Here are some tips and tricks to help you develop your own game, whether it be with friends or by yourself.. Even if you don’t know how to code!

A free software tool I recommend you start with is Scratch. It’s very basic and elementary and seems kiddish, but helps you get the fundamentals of game design down. It includes free templates and assets and a great community for all your video game making inquiries.

Another software you should try is Unity. It’s free, and very well liked among the gaming community. It helps boost the popularity of indie titles and is made more for maps and landscapes and models (generally 3D stuff).

For creating video game music, an absolute must-try is Beepbox.