Jersey City — At this point, 2023 is bound to be deemed the year of AI.
The app launch built upon ChatGPT’s updated subscription platform launched in April, to better serve “professionals who need more control over their data as well as enterprises seeking to manage their end users.”
It’s safe to say that ChatGPT is not only rising in general popularity – it's becoming more accepted in work and academic settings, as long as the technology is used for good.
As Gen Z begins to explore the benefits of ChatGPT, here are 6 prompts that can help us secure the bag landing scholarships, internships, and early-career roles.
If you’re looking for scholarships and want to cut down time on sorting through Google links and scrolling through TikTok tips, try typing these prompts into ChatGPT. If the results don’t end up to your liking, you can always input a follow up response to ask the AI platform to further refine or fix the response to better suit your request.
1. "Create a list of scholarships for students with an average GPA of [insert GPA] studying [insert subject]. The scholarships should apply to students from [insert local city/any specific facts about your background].
2. "I'm looking for scholarships that support underrepresented groups in [specific field/major]. Can you help me find any resources or organizations that offer such opportunities?"
If you’re on to the internship phase of your career, try out these prompts to further refine your internship application process. ChatGPT can not only locate these resources, it can also operate as a mock interviewer if you prompt it to and are looking for extra help.
1. "Develop a list of [insert season] internships in the field of [specific field of interest] that are suitable for college students. The list should be organized by the following categories: role, responsibilities, pay, and application date."
2. "Guide me on how to formulate effective interviewee questions related to [specific field of interest] as an internship applicant.”
For career roles
For those who are past the internship phase of their career and are looking to see what options are available for early-career roles, try out these prompts.
4. Locate some early-career job opportunities or entry-level positions available in [industry/field] for college graduates that are hiring within the next six months. Find the application links, deadlines and job description for each role."
5. "I'm interested in gaining experience through part-time jobs or internships while studying. Can you suggest any flexible remote positions that align with [specific field of interest]?"
Keeping it gee, these prompts only scratch the surface of what is possible for ChatGPT to generate. As the career world and academic settings begin to embrace the use of ChatGPT, it's critical for Gen Z to familiarize themselves with the platform and benefit from it as much as possible.