The Gee Code: What is on the Horizon for AI?

03.26.24

Austin, TXSXSW marks a pivotal location for discussing the latest and greatest technology. A recent panel titled "Beyond the Horizon: Unleashing the Power of Future AI" delved into the depths of artificial intelligence (AI), exploring its past, present, and future implications. From reinforcement learning to sustainability, the Avande X panelists offered a comprehensive overview of how AI is shaping various industries and sectors.

One of the key topics discussed was reinforcement learning and its applications. The panel featured representatives from Avanade X, a digital creative consultancy specializing in Microsoft technology.  

Both speakers shared insights on the versatility of reinforcement learning, showcasing its use in diverse areas such as virtual players engaging with humans in chess, video games and even eSports. By harnessing the power of reinforcement learning, new gameplay mechanics can be introduced, surprising players and enriching their gaming experience.

Moreover, the panelists emphasized the potential impact of advancements in technology on the future landscape. From sustainability to climate change resilience, AI is addressing these pressing global challenges. By leveraging AI-powered search functionality, individuals can access relevant information efficiently, contributing to informed decision-making in their daily lives.

Personalization emerged as another significant theme in the discussion, particularly in marketing and content creation. There is a current trend of professionals developing personalized experiences in AI-powered marketing strategies. Moreover, the panelists cautioned against the use of generic templates, advocating for personalized content that fosters meaningful connections with users.

The panel shed light on the intersection of AI, data centers and sustainability. With the rise in AI and other advanced technology there is a need for energy efficiency and key performance indicators (KPIs) for cost and conversion. By rethinking marketing campaigns, businesses can reduce waste and energy intensity, contributing to a more sustainable future.

Keeping it gee, As AI continues to evolve, businesses must adapt to these changes, leveraging technology to enhance customer interactions and drive meaningful engagement. The SXSW panel "Beyond the Horizon" provided valuable insights into the multifaceted world of AI and what is to come from it. 

Miranda Perez (she/her/hers) is a Jersey City, NJ-based journalist who covers the tech industry. Follow her on X and Instagram: @mimithegee.