The Gee Code: Ubique Network Connects Tech Startups With Gen Z Marketers, Consumers

07.25.23

Jersey CityThe one thing a growing startup needs most is traction and Los Angeles-based Ubique Network is vying to be the tool to get tech startups closer to coveted Gen Z audiences who can drive company metrics. 

Gen Z is the largest generation in the world, housing 2 billion people. The generation has been driving consumer trends over the last five years and serve as valuable customers to companies that approach them correctly.

Ubique is an emerging technology company that plans to forge partnerships with other startups that have interest in working with college students to market their mobile apps to the Gen Z audience. 

Through campus-based ambassador programs, students are able to work with emerging startups and gain experience in marketing and brand elevation. In return, Ubique’s partnered startups get exposure to Gen Z audiences through multichannel marketing led by campus ambassadors. 

This approach to marketing via college campuses has been done before by household names like Victoria Secret’s PINK and social platform Bumble. 

College students are often looking for ambassador programs similar to these to gain experience in their majors, or to simply to get exposure to a company without having a formal internship. This dynamic in my experience has typically created a win-win for both brands and consumers. 

To see this approach to partnerships happen on a smaller scale through emerging startups is an opportunity that I have yet to see – and I think that it is brilliant. 

Whether it be a number of sales or a number of subscribers – the world of tech/startups is a hard numbers game. Without solid metrics that can validate a startup’s concept to potential investors, founders may struggle to gain funding to scale. 

I’m a big fan of Ubique’s approach because Gen Z is a values-driven generation and they do not often serve as easy customers to gain, especially for startups that might still be figuring out their branding and core values.

Gen Z admires authenticity and according to a company statement, Ubique Network understands that. 

Through its campus Ambassador Program, Ubique empowers Gen Z individuals to become brand advocates for carefully chosen companies based on their passion, interests and alignment with specific brands' values.

According to the company, ambassadors are given hands-on experience in marketing, sales, and public relations, enabling them to develop valuable skills while promoting brands they genuinely believe in. The program not only opens doors for career development but also empowers Gen Z to play an active role in shaping the brands they resonate with.

With the help of these brand advocates, startups gain access to a highly engaged and influential audience. By leveraging the Ambassador Program, tech startups can build trust, increase brand awareness and create long-lasting connections with their target consumers.

Keeping it gee, Ubique Network's pioneering Ambassador Program represents a promising step towards creating authentic connections between Gen Z and tech startups in ways we have yet to see. College students need startup exposure to know that working within the industry is not an impossible feat. 

Miranda Perez (she/her/hers) is a Jersey City, NJ-based journalist who covers the tech industry. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @mimithegee.