HBCUs Partner with UiPath on Robotics

04.13.21
HBCUs Partner with UiPath on Robotics (Photo: Stillman College via Stillman College/Facebook)

DeKalb, ILStudents at seven Historically Black Colleges and Universities will have the opportunity to get trained on robotic process automation after UiPath, an enterprise automation software company, announced several partnerships. 

The partnerships include Clark Atlanta University, Grambling State University, Jackson State University, Stillman College, Texas Southern University, Tuskegee University and Winston Salem University.

UiPath’s Academic Alliance partnerships with HBCUs bring workforce development opportunities, along with skills, training and knowledge, to the students so they not only thrive in digitally led work environments, but also shape them. 

“I’m thrilled to start my RPA journey through Texas Southern University’s curriculum with UiPath. I know that the enterprise of the future is fully automated, and that RPA technology is at the core of this new way of working. I’m excited to gain the skills I need to drive a future of work that unleashes workers from repetitive, time-intensive work,” said Aliza Durvesh, a teaching assistant at Texas Southern University, according to Black Star News

Around 86% of global office workers are demanding automation skills training from their employers, according to a UiPath study

“We believe it’s imperative that workforces have the training and skills to use automation technologies and identify opportunities for innovative applications,” said Tom Clancy, SVP UiPath Learning, according to Black Star News. “We strongly believe that this education should be extended to all people. Fostering diversity in the tech industry, unlocks opportunities for fresh perspectives, ideas, and opportunities for innovation.”