Managing Your Social Media

Four basic tips to building your platform.

01.09.24
Managing Your Social Media (True Star Media)

ChicagoRunning a serious social media platform can be hard. As someone who really has to focus on it, because it’s part of my job, and I want to market my projects, it’s very time consuming. Here are some tips on how to manage your social media page and make it a bit easier for yourself.

Brainstorm 

Start a list on your phone or notebook, anything easily accessible to you really, of any random idea that pops into your head that you could turn into a video or post. 

Post everywhere 

If you have multiple social media, like TikTok and Instagram, make sure to post your videos everywhere, not just one or the other. That way, one doesn’t get neglected, and you can spread your followers across multiple platforms.

Stick with the brand you’re building 

It’s usually best to stay focused on one general topic when creating your posts. Keeping at least a general tether on what you want to talk about will help keep followers, and followers that are genuinely interested in what you have to say.

Keep yourself human 

This applies especially to Instagram, but posting pictures of yourself and your life, instead of just your main content, can help make yourself seem relatable and genuine. No one wants to follow a robot.