xQc’s $100M Streamer Deal

06.27.23
xQc’s $100M Streamer Deal

ChicagoThe streaming platform Twitch recently lost their No. 1 streamer.

The French-Canadian streamer known as xQc, the biggest streamer on Twitch, just recently signed a contract to the rival streaming service known as Kick to stream non-exclusively for them for $100 million for two years. That is INSANE.

This is one of the biggest transactions in online entertainment history. This is professional sports athlete levels of revenue. So why does this matter? Well for starters, the term “stream non-exclusively” means that xQc is not bound to stream his content on Kick alone – he can still broadcast his content on other platforms such as Twitch and YouTube and not face any repercussion, which is mind boggling. But I suspect xQc will start gradually shifting his fan-base over to Kick, because he has no reason to be with Twitch anymore.

Kick’s income split for their content creators is 95-5, meaning that streamers take 95% of their earnings and Kick only takes 5%. Twitch on the other hand has a tentative split of 50-50, formerly 70-30, so Kick allows streamers to take a significantly larger amount of their earnings for themselves, dealing a massive blow to Twitch’s integrity.