Bad Bunny Unleashes a New Album with 'Las Que No Iban a Salir'

05.12.20

Bad Bunny’s surprised fans with a new album "Las Que No Iban a Salir" on Sunday, May 10th. Before the release of "Las Que No Iban a Salir," Bad Bunny built up excitement with hundreds of thousands of fans by teasing a few tracks on his Instagram Live, but stating the songs would never be released. 

Although it's been about three months since his last chart-topping album "YHLQMDLG," Bad Bunny is ready for more, and he's ready to do it on his own terms. Bad Bunny alluded to the release with a tweet celebrating Mother's Day the Sunday before the release. The album title roughly translates to "The Ones That Weren't Going To Release."

The 10-track album is a great mix of Latin Trap and Reggaeton, a musical style originating from Puerto Rico. Bad Bunny’s “Las Que No Iban a Salir” also includes features from Nicky Jam, Don Omar, Zion & Lennox, Yandel, Gabriela and Jhay Cortez. 

One of the songs on the album “En Casita,” addresses the difficulty of being quarantined during the coronavirus pandemic. It features the beautiful vocals of his girlfriend, Gabriella Berlingeri. 

Even though many artists have decided to push back any planned albums, Bad Bunny hasn’t let COVID-19 prevent him from releasing new music. Many people were surprised when “Las Que No Iban a Salir” was put out just three months after his long-awaited "YHLQMDLG." It’s safe to say that Bad Bunny isn't showing signs of slowing down anytime soon. 

Listen to Bad Bunny's latest album below.