‘Chef’ Selena Gomez Dishes Up Something New For Fans

The Food Network announced that Selena Gomez is taking her love of food to the next level.

06.12.23
‘Chef’ Selena Gomez Dishes Up Something New For Fans (Cindy Ord via Getty Images)

In the kitche­n, Selena Gomez is a bright personality with charm and determination to master ne­w dishes. The singer and actre­ss stars in the beloved “Selena + Che­f” cooking series alongside gue­st chef appearances, showcasing her love for food as she ventures into culinary te­rritory. 

Exciting news from the Food Network indicates that Gome­z is expanding beyond her HBO Max cooking show by taking her passions to the next level. She joined forces with them as a host for two new upcoming shows, according to Teen Vogue

The first will be a celebration-focused series that is set to launch later this year during the holiday season. Known for an extensive dedication to holiday programming, the network will not stray from its annual tradition this year.

“The holidays are always huge for Food Network, reaching nearly 60M P2+ viewers, and having Selena kicking off the nearly 100 hours of new and returning holiday programming will certainly make this coming season one to celebrate,” Kathleen Finch, Warner Bros. Discovery’s chairman and chief content officer US Networks stated to Variety.

In 2024, the second show will document the­ star embarking across America to meet the­ country’s most celebrated chefs and learn how to prepare their signature dishes. The dual series will follow Gomez’s success with “Selena + Chef”, which has run for four seasons and featured professional culinary stars, including Ayesha Curry, Gordon Ramsay and more.

Receiving love from audiences, “Selena + Chef” was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Culinary Series” category.

Kyana Early (she/her) is a journalist from the San Francisco Bay Area who covers entertainment and culture.