You ‘Absolutely’ Want To Listen To Dijon’s Debut Album

11.12.21
You ‘Absolutely’ Want To Listen To Dijon’s Debut Album (Photo Courtesy of Dijon)

Dijon announced a North American tour set to kick off in 2022.

The national tour begins roughly two weeks after the R&B singer finishes a 10-show run opening for the indie band Bon Iver. Tickets are now available for the 13-city tour which kicks off in late April.

News of the tour follows the release of Dijon's highly-anticipated debut album, "Absolutely." Described as his most collaborative body of work to date, he redefines what intimacy looks like for himself.

Dijon's first single, "Many Times," was released after Labor Day and the record has a stronger, more punchy sound in contrast to “Rodeo Clown." The song is a resentful message to a former partner, with fast-paced verses and a more drum-focused background. The song ends with a funky piano riff and finds the singer belting the bitter chorus one last time. The contrast of the two singles leaves a wide range of styles and messages that “Absolutely” could encompass.

The singer released his second single, "Rodeo Clown,” following the Oct. 13 announcement of his debut LP "Absolutely." The three-minute track is a vulnerable story about a lover’s partner becoming distant from the setting of a rodeo. Dijon painfully croons over the guitar and bass dominant production. The emotional track is gentle and stripped back, letting his vocals shine. The outro of the song places even more focus on his voice, with multiple layers and adlibs.

Dijon’s “Absolutely” is out now via Warner Records. Hit his website to see if the tour is stops in a city near you.