Gerren Taylor: ‘Baldwin Hills’ Star Dies at 30

04.16.21
Gerren Taylor: ‘Baldwin Hills’ Star Dies at 30 (Photo: Gerren Taylor/@mstaylorxo via Instagram)

DeKalb, ILActress Gerren Taylor, known for her role in BET’s “Baldwin Hills,” died Sunday morning at 30 years old. 

Ray Cunningham, star of BET’s “College Hill,” and Taylor’s friend, shared the news of the reality star’s passing on Instagram. Cunningham shared a video featuring Taylor and remembered her in his caption.

“Just got the worst news ever, and I’m still not processing it fully,” he wrote. “I’ve known [Taylor] since 2006, the #BaldwinHills cast was like the little sisters and brothers to #College Hill.”

No cause of death has been confirmed, but the reality television star battled with lupus and was on dialysis during the time of her death, according to Essence. However, it’s uncertain if Taylor’s condition specifically contributed to her death.

Taylor also appeared as herself in “America the Beautiful” and the TV docuseries “Ripley’s Believe It or Not!” She also modeled for L.A. Models, working with several brands, including Tommy Hilfiger.

On Monday, BET remembered Taylor on Facebook.

“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Ashley Gerren Taylor, who has recently passed. BET family is forever,” the post read.