Jack Harlow: Black Women Were ‘Massive Part of My Career’

Harlow plans to go on tour with the Florida rap duo City Girls starting in the fall.

07.19.22
Jack Harlow: Black Women Were ‘Massive Part of My Career’ (David Wolff-Patrick via Getty Images)

Rapper Jack Harlow recently thanked fans for his success, especially Black women. 

The Louisville, Ky. native told Teen Vogue, “Black women are such a massive part of my career. I was telling The New York Times how it’s not a massive phenomenon to me because it’s just a continuation of how my life was before I was famous.”

“They’ll never have to worry about not being credited by me. … I mean, I look out at my shows and I see them,” Harlow added. “It’s one thing when you see the memes and you hear people talking about it, but it’s another when you travel the country and you see them all over the place. I love Black women. I’ve loved Black women my whole life.” 

Despite some people’s belief of being an overnight rap sensation, Harlow has been honing his craft since he was 12, rocking his signature curly hair and glasses.

The 24-year-old rapper recently released his latest album “Come Home The Kids Miss You” with features from Drake, Pharrell, Justin Timberlake and Lil Wayne.

Harlow plans to go on tour with the Florida rap duo City Girls starting in the fall. The “Come Home The Kids Miss You Tour” kicks off Sept. 5 in Cincinnati.