Keke Palmer and Common Tackle Racial Injustice in ‘Bear Witness, Take Action 2’

12.04.20
Keke Palmer and Common Tackle Racial Injustice in ‘Bear Witness, Take Action 2’ (Photo: Bonnie Biess/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILKeke Palmer and Common will lead a two-hour conversation Saturday on racial justice in YouTube Originals’ second installment of “Bear Witness, Take Action 2.”

The preview for the discussion features videos from the summer's Black Lives Matter protests that began in response to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

"Now that we have marched and cried out for justice and raised our voices and flooded our social feeds and captured the world's attention. Where do we go from here,” the text reads in the preview.

The two-hour installment includes appearances from teen activists Naomi Wadler and Mari Copeny; gymnast Katelyn Ohashi; actors Anthony Anderson, Asante Blackk and Skai Jackson; journalist Jemele Hill; entrepreneur Mark Cuban; and WNBA 4X All-Star Skylar Diggins-Smith, among others.

"The first ‘Bear Witness, Take Action’ was very moving, and I'm excited to return for the second installment to continue these necessary discussions centered around racial injustices in order to nurture, enhance and protect Black lives,” Common said.

Mini documentaries from influential Black voices including Storm Reid and DeRay McKesson, along with YouTube creators were released throughout the week leading up to the Dec. 5 livestream on each creator's YouTube channel.

“It is so important that we keep a dialogue about racial justice going beyond any particular moment," Palmer said.  "I want to encourage my peers to continue to have thoughtful and powerful conversations that will lead us to change. Let's talk about it, take action, and see change realized."

“Bear Witness, Take Action 2” premieres at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.