Keke Palmer Wants To Star In Rom-com With Will Smith

10.28.22
Keke Palmer Wants To Star In Rom-com With Will Smith (Taylor Hill/WireImage via Getty Images)

Dolton; IllinoisAt the annual Time 100 Next gala, Keke Palmer expressed an interest in starring in an original studio comedy with the likes of Melissa McCarthy, Adam Sandler and Will Smith.

Palmer, who hosted the event that honored 100 rising stars shaping the future of their fields, expressed her interest on the red carpet, according to Variety.

“I would love to be in something with my girl Melissa McCarthy. I think me and Adam Sandler can make way. If Will Smith’s ready to go back to do some comedies, I’m ready,” she said. 

Palmer also gave an elevator pitch of a comedy she’d like to do with Smith, which would be in the same vein of 1989 rom-com “Look Who’s Talking.”

“[I’d like to do] an action-comedy of some sort, kinda like a haphazard duo that shouldn’t be together but we are together,” she said. “Maybe I’m like a know-it-all punk and he kind of shows me the ropes. I’m good for — not a reboot, an original but conceptual similarity to ‘Look Who’s Talking.’ You remember the baby talking movies? I’m ready to be Kirstie Alley. Let’s go!”