Kendrick Lamar Returns with ‘The Heart Part 5’

The video features a deep fake Jussie Smollett, Will Smith and more.

05.09.22
Kendrick Lamar Returns with ‘The Heart Part 5’ (Santiago Bluguermann via Getty Images)

In less than 24 hours, Kendrick Lamar has grossed more than 8.2 million views for "The Heart Part 5."

In typical Lamar fashion, the Compton native released the fifth installment of his ongoing series before his upcoming album "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers." 

The video starts with a quote by his new stage name Oklama, "I am. All of Us." He sports an approachable white tee and a bandana around his neck while rapping from different perspectives in front of a rich maroon background. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPUkgeiFVY

Before he goes on to the first verse, Oklama goes on to state, "As I get a little older, I realize life is perspective and my perspective may differ from yours. I want to say thank you to everyone that’s been down with me. All my fans, all my beautiful fans, anyone who’s ever gave me a lesson. All my people." 

The song samples Marvin Gaye's 1970s hit "I Want You." The video showcases his using deep fake technology to change his face into black celebrities like Kobe Bryant, Nipsey Hussle, Kanye West, and more. 

Fans began to speculate the upcoming album, "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers," will be a double album release after Oklama posted a photo on his website with two different CDs titled "Morale" and "Steppers," respectively. 

Oklama ends the song from the perspective of the late Nipsey Hussle. Oklama vehemently raps words of encouragement to Nipsey's brother Black Sam, his kids, fans and more. 

His upcoming album, "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers," will be available to stream on Friday.