Kendrick Lamar Trolls Twitter, Announces New Album

Kendrick Lamar announced his return on Oklama.com.

04.18.22
Kendrick Lamar Trolls Twitter, Announces New Album (Santiago Bluguermann via Getty Images)

Nearly five years after the initial release of “DAMN.,” Kendrick Lamar announced his return with his fifth studio album, “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers,” slated for May 13. 

Lamar quote-tweeted on Monday popular Twitter account Raptalksk with his website “oklama.com,” signaling that new information has surfaced.

Fans found an open letter including details about the release date and album title. After popularizing Raptalksk’s tweet, fans started tweeting their favorite artist retired, attempting to get a reaction from artists. 

Many suspect the album will arrive through his new creative company, pgLang, that he co-founded alongside Dave Free. 

“Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers,” marks the rapper’s last album on Top Dawg Entertainment. The label has been home to Lamar for almost 20 years, alongside labelmates ScHoolboy Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul.

Lamar’s previous album “DAMN.” won a Pulitzer Prize and Best Rap Album at the 2018 Grammys.
In other music news, Doja Cat announced that she brought back Taco Bell’s infamous Mexican pizza during her recent Coachella set.