Lizzo Forges Fashion Path With New Shapewear Collection

The singer’s YITTY Shapewear is a new collection of Fabletics.

04.12.22
Lizzo Forges Fashion Path With New Shapewear Collection (Provided by YITTY)

Atlanta, GAThree-time Grammy Award-winning superstar and activist Lizzo is changing the game with her new revolutionary shapewear brand YITTY which launched Tuesday.

YITTY,  a sister brand to Fabletics, is meant to be versatile and fashion-forward premium-quality clothing that can be worn at home, grocery shopping or even to brunch. The three-part collection  — Nearly Naked, Mesh Me and Major Label — is designed to hug your body while still being comfortable. The shapewear, made with super-soft recycled fibers, ranges from a size XS to a size 6x.

“Instead of thinking about size in this linear way, we’re thinking about it on a spectrum where everyone is included. Everyone’s size is just their size. It’s not high; it’s not low. It’s not big, it’s not small. It’s just your size,” Lizzo emphasized in a statement.

The 33-year-old has been a significant advocate for body positivity, and this brand is just an extension of that. Her size-inclusive brand is “based on the principles of self-love, radical inner confidence, and effortless, everyday wear.” 

“I was tired of seeing this sad, restrictive shapewear that literally no one wanted to wear. I had an epiphany like, ‘who can actually do something about this?’ I decided to take on the challenge of allowing women to feel unapologetically good about themselves again,” said Lizzo. 

She has spent most of her life being told to “reshape” her body based on society’s made-up (not to mention unattainable) standards. “I felt that I was constantly being told through TV and magazines that my body wasn’t good enough. And, in order to be considered ‘acceptable’, I had to inflict some sort of pain upon it to fit into an archetype of beauty. Because of this, I’ve been wearing shapewear for a long time, maybe since I was in fifth or sixth grade” said the artist.