Lorenz King Rules In Creativity

07.14.21
Lorenz King Rules In Creativity (Photo: Lorenz King stands next to his painting RIP Jarad Higgins/Provided)

ChicagoI know many of you have a love for art or love going to art museums. If this is you, check out 19-year-old Chicago creative Lorenz King.

Representing one of the top HBCUs, King is going into his second-year at Morehouse College. Growing up in Chicago, he has been making art for as long as he could remember. He currently has artwork on display in the Museum of Science and Industry.

The painting, RIP Jarad Higgins, is a piece that was selected to be a part of the Black Creativity exhibit. The inspiration for the artwork came from his love of Juice Wrld’s Music. After Juice Wrld passed away in December of 2019, it took a toll on the music industry and Higgins’ fans everywhere. Many fans cried and played his music on repeat, but others, like King, decided to express their emotions in the form of art. King used his talent and skills to portray his love and admiration for Juice Wrld’s music and turned it into an outstanding painting.

Read more ...

This guest post is in partnership with the True Star Media.