Crenshaw King, Nana Enlists Kent Jamz for ‘Real Real’

11.18.21
Crenshaw King, Nana Enlists Kent Jamz for ‘Real Real’ (Photo: Courtesy of Nana )

Crenshaw's Nana is back with a new single, “Real Real'' featuring LA native Kent Jamz.

Nana managed to delicately share deeply vulnerable lyrics while keeping an uplifting beat and melody with luscious vocals from Kent Jamz. Nana shared stories of growing up in Crenshaw, from working minimum wage jobs, struggling in finding success and sharing stories of his community.

The single arrived following the release of his October single "GOTW" signaling that a new album might be in the works. In 2020, Nana released his debut mixtape, “Save Yourself,” to much praise. The album showed listeners his vivid storytelling flair and his ability to inspire and highlight his neighborhood in Crenshaw.

https://youtu.be/CYZrfxA1AZw

Along with his almost cinematic and vivid lyrics, he presented his music with creatively impressive visuals, making sure listeners are always intrigued. The visualizer showed Nana and Kent Jamz, riding around the neighborhood on bikes, a quintessential LA experience. Nana reminded listeners of his main motive behind writing music — he hoped to empower and provide a voice for those who grew up in similar circumstances.

Nana's "Real Real" is out now.