Sega Bodega Lights Up on ‘Romeo’

11.16.21
Sega Bodega Lights Up on ‘Romeo’ (Photo Courtesy of Sega Bodega )

Sega Bodega's sophomore album “Romeo” is now available. 

The artist took to Twitter to share that his latest effort is the "album always wanted to make." The 10-track album features guest appearances from Charlotte Gainsbourg and Arca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BQrSMFBlpE

Leading up to the album, Bodega released three singles, “Angel On My Shoulder,” the haunting “I Need Nothing From You,” and "Only Seeing God When I Come." Through his innovation and creativity, Bodega cements himself as a mainstay in electronic music and continues to expand the vastness of his sonic universe. 

The album cover features Bodega alongside Luci, a character created by the artist and a personification of the album’s running concept. In conversation with Office Magazine, he revealed a tie to Lucifer known mostly for demonic associations — but the word is Latin for “bringer of light.” In this sense, Luci only represents love. 

Well-known for his frequent collaborations with NUXXE label co-founders Oklou, Shygirl, and Coucou Chloe and the late SOPHIE, the producer has a decade of production credits under his belt.

To much praise, Bodega stepped into songwriting with his 2020 album “Salvador." While “Salvador” covered the hardest parts of his past, “Romeo,” finds Bodega reflecting on love and his vivid imagination. 

Romeo” by Sega Bodega is out now through NUXXE.