Story Time with Blue Ivy. 8-Year-Old Voices ‘Hair Love’ Book

11.12.20
Story Time with Blue Ivy. 8-Year-Old Voices ‘Hair Love’ Book (Photo: Jose Carlos Fajardo/MediaNews Group/The Mercury News via Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILBlue Ivy Carter, the eldest child of Beyoncé and Jay-Z, is the newest narrator of the audiobook adaption of Matthew A. Cherry’s book called “Hair Love.” 

Cherry, a writer and former football player, announced on Twitter and Instagram that the 8-year-old will narrate the book, available on Amazon’s Audible. Cherry also shared a clip of Carter’s voice introducing herself as the narrator. 

“Hair Love” follows the story of a Black father learning how to style his daughter’s hair while his wife’s in the hospital. Soon enough in the story, they work together to find a solution. In February, the animated short film for the children’s book won an Academy Award. 

“I just want to say that “Hair Love” was done because we wanted to see more representation in animation – we wanted to normalize Black hair,” Cherry said in his acceptance speech at the Academy Awards.