#WeekendPlaylist: Check Out Some of Our Favorite Songs

FKA twigs, Joey Bada$$ and YoungBoy Never Broke Again are among those in rotation this week.

02.04.22
#WeekendPlaylist: Check Out Some of Our Favorite Songs (Astrida Valigorsky via Getty Images)

With new music dropping every week, keeping up with the latest releases can be a chore. You might be tempted to fall back on your trusty-year-old Spotify playlist, but don’t be as there’s so much great music that is released every week. 

Here are some songs that we’ve had on rotation all week. 

1. jealousy (feat. rema) by FKA twigs

FKA twigs recently released her album "CAPRISONGS" three years after "MAGDALENE." Stand-out tracks include “jealousy" featuring rema, and “tears in the club" featuring The Weeknd. "jealousy" is a fun and bouncy track and twigs’ angelic voice pairs beautifully with rema’s, making this jam a contender for song of the summer.  

2. Love Me More by Mitski

This bright and intense track from Mitski is introspective and passionate. You can easily cry or dance to “Love Me More.” It's the latest of four singles from Mitski’s upcoming album “Laurel Hell.”

3. Twenty-nine by Kota the Friend

KOTA The Friend delivers a relaxed message on "Twenty-Nine." Kota recounts times when he was 24 years old and learned life lessons over a smooth bassline and minimal drums. The track is perfect for those who don't want to feel alone through life's growing pains. 

4. THE R3VENGE by Joey Bada$$

It's been five years since the last full-length Joey Bada$$ album, "ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$." Joey isn't too quiet though, the New York native released a collab project with his Beast Coast collective in 2019. In 2020, Joey released a three-track EP with "The Light Pack." This time around, Joey Bada$$ returns with "THE R3VENGE," a triumphant track where he braggadocious raps about his newfound career as an actor.

5. Lye by Earl Sweatshirt

Listen as Earl pours his heart out and raps over a jazz loop with a relaxed cadence. Although short, he ends the track with a short poem. You can find this and more on his latest album, "SICK!"

6. Come My Way (feat. Krayzie Bone) by Saba

A heavy bassline and beautiful harmonies set the tone for Saba’s latest track, "Come My Way." The Krayzie Bone-assisted record is peaceful yet still full of energy. In contrast to Saba's smooth cadence, Krayzie raps in double-time, perfectly fitting the track. 

7. Watercolor Eyes - Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey released a new song as part of their official “Euphoria” Season 2 soundtrack. She puts listeners in their feelings even more than the show it debuted on. This lyrical tearjerker abstractly details the complexities and contradictions of love.

8. Flossin’ - YoungBoy Never Broke Again

Internet Money is no stranger to making hits, and their latest single with YoungBoy Never Broke Again is no different. NBA Youngboy ends his recent project, “Colors," with "Flossin,’" a dense and unexpectedly deep verse separated by an entrancing chorus. Instant classic. 

9. Four - Hook

Hook’s avant-garde flow shines on her recent EP “Rent Free Mixtape.” The whole project is a must-listen; “Four” is a particularly impressive display of the Southern California rapper’s unique lyricism and boundary-pushing sound that manages to remain loyal to hip-hop’s most integral qualities.

10. Rolf Beeler - Mach-Hommy

Last year, Mach-Hommy had a prolific run, dropping four independent albums. Mach-Hommy returned with a short, but dense 7-track project titled “Dollar Menu.” “Rolf Beeler” is the unabashedly east coast, old-fashioned and thought-provoking song you can expect from Mach-Hommy. The production is simple, allowing expressive, punchline-packed lyrics to take center stage.