Zendaya’s ‘New Legacy’ as Lola Bunny

06.10.21
Zendaya’s ‘New Legacy’ as Lola Bunny (Photo: Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILZendaya gets animated as Lola Bunny in the upcoming “Space Jam” sequel.

“Space Jam: A New Legacy”, with LeBron James and other Looney Tunes characters, hits theaters in July. Instead of a traditional trailer for the movie, ESPN shared a fake “30 for 30” documentary-style clip about drama between Bugs Bunny and James. 

The parody video sees the characters sitting down to recall their version of the film’s events in what is titled “30 for 30: The Bunny and the Goat.” When Bugs Bunny calls himself the face of the team — saying, “It’s called the Tune Squad, not LeBron Squad” — Zendaya’s Lola Bunny makes her debut, saying, “So cute to watch them bicker when everyone knows this is Lola’s team.”

In the clip, James states, “Two words: Lola Bunny. Greatest sidekick ever.” She cheekily responds: “You know, don’t love the sidekick label but, we’ll let it go because of LeBron.”

The new Lola featured in the promo video is wearing a pink tank and dark pink shorts, with her ears pulled back in a ponytail.

In April, it was announced that the Oakland native would voice Lola Bunny in the film. Director of the film, Malcolm D. Lee, said he wanted to re-introduce a new “fully-realized” version of Lola compared to the 1996 film starring Michael Jordan, in which Lola Bunny was voiced by actress Kath Soucie. 

“Space Jam: A New Legacy” will premiere simultaneously in theaters and HBO Max on July 16.