Chloe Bailey Ditches Vegan Diet After 11 Years

The 25-year-old notices benefits after the big change.

06.26.24
Chloe Bailey Ditches Vegan Diet After 11 Years (Getty Images)

Chloe Bailey recently revealed on TikTok that she has broken her vegan diet of over a decade and started eating chicken. The 25-year-old singer admitted during a studio livestream that after 11 years of not consuming any animal products, she has noticed benefits and has not experienced any harmful effects since changing her diet. This revelation comes nearly a year after she and her sister Halle accidentally ate meat due to a hotel error, which led to an emotional response. 

Here is what Daily Mail UK reported on the big lifestyle change for the Atlanta superstar:

Bailey, known for her role in “Swarm” and as the “Body Do” hitmaker, shared with her fans that she had been contemplating this change and finally decided to try chicken. She clarified that she still avoids dairy and other meats due to allergies but feels good overall. The first time she reintroduced meat, she experienced minor stomach cramps, but since then, she has felt fine and even noticed her body becoming more toned. She attributes this to consuming fewer carbs to feel full.

During her livestream, Bailey responded to a fan’s comment about why she and her sister are often considered “corny,” humorously admitting she doesn’t know. She also joked about anticipating being caught eating chicken eventually, so she chose to reveal it herself.

This dietary change is significant given that Chloe and Halle have both been open about their veganism throughout their careers. Less than a year ago, Bailey shared a story on TikTok about accidentally eating meat for the first time in a decade. She recalled ordering room service for a Beyond burger, specifying it should be vegan. However, she quickly realized something was off when she took a bite and found it didn’t feel right. Bailey described her reaction, saying she started “losing [her] s***” while Halle laughed at her.

Despite this incident, Bailey has now consciously decided to include chicken in her diet and feels positive about the change. She emphasized that she still avoids egg whites and dairy, maintaining a mostly plant-based diet but experimenting with chicken for the added benefits she’s noticed.

Noumaan Faiz, (he/him) is a journalist and entertainer from Corona, CA who covers culture and entertainment.