Episode 7: Self ISH

Episode 7: Self ISH

12.13.18
12.13.18

Demetrius Harmon (fka MeechOnMars on Vine) gets in his feels about how his mom saved his life and why communities of color struggle to talk about depression (10:00). Comedian and musician Lane Moore tackles Celine Dion inspired #allbymyself goals and talks about her book “How To Be Alone” (25:24). NPR’s former business reporter Sonari Glinton rants about credit scores and crushes Nyge’s Jeep Wrangler dreams (1:57).

Momma I Made It: Artist Demetrius Harmon

“It is really early and the only thing I’ve eaten is ice cream.”

YR Media’s Nyge Turner and Merk Nguyen get real in their feels about mental health issues with model, actor, and poet Demetrius Harmon (who you might’ve seen glowin’ up on Vine back in the day #RIPVine). His candid conversation with the co-hosts goes into how his mom saved his life and why some POC don’t talk about depression or anxiety. 

#GOALS: Comedian Lane Moore

“‘Be strong! Move on girl!’ That advice is bullsh*t.”

Dealing with loneliness can be a freakin’ bummer. Just ask comedian Lane Moore who wrote a book titled “How To Be Alone.” The comedian/musician tells YR Media’s Merk Nguyen and Nyge Turner much of the advice out there is generic bullsh*t but who needs that when you have Lane to tell you straight up how to get through your sh*t?

Fine Finance: Sonari Glinton

“Jeep Wrangler is the worst car…ever!”

Nyge Turner gets his childhood dream of owning a red Jeep Wrangler crushed as he gets financial advice from an expert. NPR’s former business reporter, Sonari Glinton, is in to talk about credit: what it is, how to build it up, and why he thinks 22-year-olds (like Nyge) should stop thinking about Jeep Wranglers and Drake captions that make you look baller.

Be sure to Subscribe and follow us on IG, Twitter, and FB!

Support young journalists and artists