Megan Thee Stallion Prioritizes Self-Care Over Music

05.31.23
Megan Thee Stallion Prioritizes Self-Care Over Music (Kevin Mazur via Getty Images for CMT)

ChicagoMegan Thee Stallion recently shared that she doesn’t have plans to release new music as she heals from a tumultuous time in her life. 

“Fans can expect new music when I’m in a better place,” she said, according to the Jasmine Brand.  

The rapper started making public appearances in March in the aftermath of a highly publicized shooting and trial that saw the conviction of rapper Tory Lanez. She’s also been in the grips of an ongoing legal battle with her estranged record label, 1501 Certified Entertainment, butting heads with CEO Carl Crawford over the terms of her agreement. 

As she focuses on healing, she’s setting important boundaries in her work life. 

“The music and entertainment industry can be a grind, so it’s important to take time off and avoid burnout,” she said. “Life is all about balance.”