Figuring Out Your 20s: Surviving The Year

We all deserve to applaud ourselves for showing up every day and making it through another year.

12.22.23
Figuring Out Your 20s: Surviving The Year (Reuben Juarez via Unsplash)

SeattleThe end of 2023 means I survived my first full year as an adult. It feels like just yesterday I wrote out my New Year’s resolutions and had my first article for this column published. I’m shocked that the year will be over in less than two weeks. 

I’m filled with immense gratitude when I reflect on my good and bad experiences this year. My phone has over 5,000 pictures and videos that caught every single moment from the year.

This year, I said goodbye to friends starting new lives in different cities while welcoming new friends. I traveled to my family’s home country for the first time, threw my first adult birthday party, saw Beyonce live in concert, and decided to take my content creation passion seriously.

I also struggled a lot this year. I stuck around people who disrespected me, let distance affect how often I checked in with loved ones, had an inconsistent gym routine, cared too much about what others thought of me, and went against my beliefs.

Every experience has made me resilient. I learned that I don’t have to have it all together. We’re all imperfect people living in an imperfect world, trying to become better versions of ourselves. There is room for both growth and grace to thrive. 

I want to list everything I want to do differently in the new year, but instead, I’m taking a much-needed moment to pause. We all deserve to applaud ourselves for showing up every day and making it through another year. 

Thank you for sticking around and reading these articles. There are so many more stories I can’t wait to share on being Gen Z and figuring out your 20s in this modern world. 

If you want to keep up with me toward the end of the year, check out my TikTok. I’ll be posting videos about creating digital vision boards, elevating yourself in the new year, and lessons I’ve learned this past year. 

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Tracy Noze is a Seattle-based journalist.