Don’t Fill the Keg. Schools Ban Beer Pong and Other Drinking Games

11.06.20
Don’t Fill the Keg. Schools Ban Beer Pong and Other Drinking Games (Photo: Blake Lisk/Unsplash)

DeKalb, ILStudents at Northwestern University might not be able to play beer pong after the city is considering a ban on drinking games on private property.

Aldermen in the City of Evanston are proposing a ban on drinking games on private property if the players are in view of neighbors or the public. The ban would affect students in off-campus housing since the games are already banned on campus.

Before the city takes any action, they’re asking Northwestern officials to intervene.

Northwestern wouldn’t be the first school to put a ban on drinking games. The games at Xavier University in Cincinnati is prohibited and considered to be a violation of the university.

At the University of Notre Dame, drinking games are considered “abusive drinking of alcohol,” which is prohibited at the college. The University of Massachusetts Amherst has a similar policy where the games are prohibited because it involves “rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.”