Keke Palmer to Millennials: ‘Let’s Work Together’ Against Hate

04.27.21
Keke Palmer to Millennials: ‘Let’s Work Together’ Against Hate (Photo: Bonnie Biess/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILKeke Palmer is calling on all millennials to stand against hate and discrimination in a video posted to Instagram recently.

In the video, she said that the violence on Asian Americans, Black Americans, women, Muslims, and more needs to stop, stressing that this is the moment for millennials to speak out. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNp_cfng0Gs/

“America is not what I thought it was, but I hope and pray that it can be what I know it can,” Palmer said. “If we’re the generation next in line to make things happen, let’s ban together, all of us.” 

There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done in terms of social justice, and no American should feel afraid or worried every day, she said.  

“Let’s work together to build things in place that can actively reverse the trauma that Black people have endured and reverse the trauma that has made white America assume things are OK, that aren’t OK,” Palmer continued. “We’re now ready to talk about righting wrongs; we’re now ready to talk about the systemic discrimination. If we’re all here, I’m here to talk.”