Little Miss Flint is ‘Wonderful’

10.18.21
Little Miss Flint is ‘Wonderful’ (Photo: @littlemissflint via Instagram)

A then-8-year-old’s activism efforts in Flint, Michigan are being highlighted in a new DC Comic book, “Wonderful Women of the World.”

Amariyanna “Mari” Copeny, who wrote a letter to President Barack Obama in 2016 expressing concerns about her hometown’s lead-contaminated water and who has worked to produce her own water filter, will now be featured in the book of “wonder women,” according to Blavity.  

“I have waited months to get this in my hands,” the 13-year-old tweeted alongside a picture of her holding the comic book.

Other names featured in the book are Serena Willliams and Beyoncé.

Copeny continues to serve as an activist for the Women’s March on Washington, Equality for HER and the People’s Climate March. She’s also working with a youth organization, Eighteen by 18, founded by her mentor, Yara Shahidi, and has created campaigns to fund screenings of “Black Panther” and “A Wrinkle in Time” for children in Flint.