Marsai Martin’s New Digital Series Teaches Teens Financial Literacy

08.30.21

Los Angeles, CAHoping to educate teens her age on financial literacy, Marsai Martin just launched a digital series with Verizon Media’s Gen Z platform, In the Know.

Each episode of “Money with Marsai Martin” will feature a guest with expertise in some area of money management. From talks with personal finance expert and founder of The Broke Black Girl, Dasha Kennedy, to candid conversations with The Breakfast Club’s DJ Envy to discuss setting up your side hustle, the actress is on a mission to spread her and others’ knowledge about becoming financially independent.

“As one of the most successful and entrepreneurial generations in history, it’s important for us to prioritize financial and literacy and educate young people on the tools and strategies they need to succeed,” said Martin.

In The Know prioritizes Black and Brown voices in its content creation ventures, aiming to youth from underserved communities. 

“Building on our successful original content series thus far, Money With Marsai Martin will address an essential topic, not only for diverse audiences, but for younger viewers, too,” said Andrea Wasserman, Verizon’s head of global commerce. “We’re excited to partner with Marsai Martin, who can share her unique perspective on financial prowess.”

The series is currently available to stream on In The Know.