Mass Shootings Increase Across the Nation

06.07.22
Mass Shootings Increase Across the Nation (Nathan Howard via Getty Images)

Las Vegas, NVThe number of mass shootings is increasing in conjunction with the intensity with which gun control issues are being debated in Congress and around the country.

At least 12 people were killed and 60 were injured in 10 separate mass shootings that took place across the United States over the last weekend.

There were 246 mass shootings in the United States since June 5, and it doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

A note and flowers honoring the victims of a mass shooting in South Philadelphia are taped to a traffic light post at the corner of South and Third Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on June 5, 2022. (Kriston Jae Bethel/AFP via Getty Images)

The most deadly shooting occurred in Philadelphia in a high traffic entertainment district, which left 3 dead and 11 people wounded by gunfire, Philadelphia police are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. 

Kristopher Minners, 22, Gregory Jackson, 34, and Alexis Quinn, 27 were killed in the shooting.

For a long time in the nation there have been certain events and celebrations that we as a society have thought of as “safe” environments, graduation parties were definitely one of those safe spaces that we thought of, but that no longer seems to be the case. 

In Socorro, Texas,  five people were shot and wounded after shots were let off through a party of more than a 100 teenagers at a house according to Socorro police. Two are in critical condition. 

The investigation is still ongoing, but the police have called the shooting a targeted attack.  

Members of the Buffalo Bills lay flowers at a memorial near the Tops supermarket where 10 people were killed on May 18, 2022 in Buffalo, New York. (Scott Olson via Getty Images)

The shootings have Americans on edge as they do simple things such as going to the grocery store

Many Americans across all political lines have screamed for lawmakers to make a fast and effective change to slow down or even stop these events from happening, yet there has been little to no action taken on a political level.