Sha’Carri VS. Jamaica: Olympic Qualifier Runs Against Medalists

08.20.21
Sha’Carri VS. Jamaica: Olympic Qualifier Runs Against Medalists (Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILU.S. track sensation Sha’Carri Richardson is set to compete Saturday against team Jamaica during the Women’s 100-meter sprint at the Prefontaine Classic. 

Richardson, 21, will run against Jamaica Olympic medalists Elaine Thompson-Herah, Shelly Fraser-Pryce and Shericka Jackson. Richardson beat the three runners during the Olympic trials prior to being disqualified for testing positive for THC

TOKYO, JAPAN August 7: Elaine Thompson-Herah, and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica with their gold medals on the podium after winning the 4 x 100m relay for women during the Track and Field competition at the Olympic Stadium at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games on August 7th, 2021 in Tokyo, Japan. (Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images)

Thompson-Herah beat Richardson’s U.S trial time of 10.64 seconds in the 100-meter with an historic speed of 10.61 seconds during the Tokyo Games. 

Richardson’s representative said she’s confident that she will put on a good show on Saturday.

“Sha’Carri is focused on running a good race since she last competed at the U.S. Olympic Trials,” the representative said, according to TMZ. “She will be focused on executing her race to the best of her ability regardless of who is in the race.”