Sha’Carri Richardson Doc Debuted at Sundance Film Festival

The documentary, “Sub Eleven Seconds,” was executive produced by the late Virgil Abloh and was filmed during the Summer 2021 U.S.A. Track & Field Olympic Trials.

01.31.22
Sha’Carri Richardson Doc Debuted at Sundance Film Festival (Patrick Smith via Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILA documentary detailing the rise of U.S. track sensation Sha’Carri Richardson and her ambitious mindset in her attempt of becoming an Olympian debuted earlier this month at the Sundance Film Festival

The documentary, “Sub Eleven Seconds,” was executive produced by the late Virgil Abloh and was filmed during the Summer 2021 U.S.A. Track & Field Olympic Trials. It follows Richardson and her journey to make it to the Olympics along with her mission to run the 100-meter dash in under 11 seconds. 

Sundance describes the film as “a rumination on time, loss, and hope.”

Richardson was unable to participate in the Olympics after she was suspended for testing positive for a chemical found in marijuana after her victory last summer. She said the stress of her biological mother’s recent death and the pressure of preparing for trials led her to use the drug. 

“Time is my blessing and my curse,” she said in the trailer. “On the track, I've been blessed to run fast. Off the track, time has cheated me. You don't know when something or someone will be taken from you.”