Twitter Trend Takes You Back to Those Good Old Days
A new trend on Twitter began popping up on folks’ feeds. It was the “you just had to be there” trend, where people shared pictures that represents a time or a place that makes them feel nostalgic.
Here is a roundup of some of my favorite “you just had to be there” tweets that I’m sure will give a lot of you Gen Zers some real childhood nostalgia.
- Ahhh yes, getting sticker jewels that you could place all over your face and body. Bedazzling everything and anything you can think of.
2. Remember the good old days when you had to walk the aisles of Blockbuster to rent the latest movies, only to find out all the copies had been rented out? Oh yeah, you definitely had to be there.
3. This, right here, is what I would call classic reality TV. Who can forget about strangers raiding other strangers’ rooms in search of love?
4. I don’t know about you, but online computer games were my absolute favorite. I used to have to beg my parents to let me use the computer just so I could get on.
5. Remember the old Disney Channel stars? Yup, kind of feeling old right about now. And those outfits? I’m so glad we’ve moved on from that era of fashion…
6. And of course, more games. I really spent hours in front of the computer screen playing these games. I think these games really were the precursor of this generation’s love of video games.
7. Let’s be honest, these movies had a real hold on us. I know they did on me. Lining up for the midnight premiere at the movie theater with your friends, watching cast interviews, and getting a little too emotionally invested in the characters.
8. How do we even begin to describe the year that was 2016? From folks just randomly walking the streets collecting Pokémon, to fun Snapchat filters, and great music.