5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

By Edel
08.28.19

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

JAY-Z INKS DEAL WITH NFL 

The NFL recently linked up with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation to improve their entertainment and social justice initiatives. Jay-Z and Roc Nation will now help co-produce the NFL Halftime Show as well as contribute to the league's activism campaign, Inspire Change. He will also act as a consultant for all of the NFL’s entertainment efforts.

QUAVO GETS HIS OWN TV SHOW

Quavo is working on his own animated TV show for kids. This is the first partnership between Marginal Mediaworks and Imagine Kids + Family. The animated series will be catered to kids 8-12 years old, diving into the culture and music scene in ATL. 

THREE 6 MAFIA REUNION TOUR 

The Memphis legends Three 6 Mafia are going on tour. Juicy J recently announced on Instagram that they’ll go on a reunion tour along with DMX, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Project Pat, Lil Wyte and La Chat.

A-TRAK JOINS BEATSOURCE

A-Trak joined the Board of Managers for Beatsource. Beatsource is a combined effort from Beatport and DJCity. Both were platforms where DJ’s could download digital media. With Beatsource, DJ’s can find everything they need on one platform. 

SPOTIFY ANNOUNCES PREMIUM FAMILY PLAN 

Spotify recently announced a new update to its premium family plan. The new tier allows subscribers to filter explicit content and manage multiple accounts on the streaming service. Another new feature is the Family Mix playlist which is curated for the whole family to enjoy.