A Little Self-Care Advice Once You Reach 21

09.27.23

AtlantaWith only 24 hours in a day, you may sometimes feel there isn't enough time for yourself. Are you constantly on the go? Doing things for others but not yourself? If so, you need to take time for yourself, you are your biggest supporter but have to slow down before you become too overwhelmed. You may question how, but there is a lot you can do, even with little time.  

Here are some things you can do for yourself:

• Detaching from your phone for a few hours will give you the satisfaction of being alone and coming to a peace of mind.
  • A nice warm shower or bath after a long day. These are my favorites, being able to play my music and rethink about the day and even plan ahead how you envision the week to go. 
  • If you are over 21, this one's for you. Grab a nice bottle of wine, or a cold beer with some snacks, and turn on your favorite comfort show (mine is “Girlfriends” which is streaming on Netflix). 
  • Go out for a night with your friends, bar hop or catch dinner and a movie. Surround yourself with good people. 

A lack of self-care can affect your mental health, so the more you do, the better you will be feeling mentally.

Miracle Trice, (she/her) is from Portland but is an Atlanta-based journalist who covers all aspects of  entertainment and culture. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @miracletb_