Black ISH

10.03.19
Black ISH

From code-switching to "hot-potato racism" with comedian W. Kamau Bell, co-host Nyge Turner leads an episode all about Black ISH — not to be confused with ABC's "Black-ish" (but peep the interview we did with Junior last season)!

Hittin' The Streets: Code-Switch Edition

"How would you invite your white coworkers to a party? What about your black coworkers?"

Nyge and YR Media’s Clay Xavier hit the streets of downtown Oakland to hear what young black folks have to say about code-switching. Then co-host Merk Nguyen joins the fellas for a discussion on why the inability to code-switch can mean life and death.

Momma I Made It: Comedian W. Kamau Bell

(Courtesy of W. Kamau Bell and YR Media)

If you're black, on a bus and a white lady with an empty seat doesn't offer up the spot for you...but does for another white person, what do you do? And why would you ever want to talk to the KKK? Nyge asks W. Kamau Bell about all this and Season 4 of his show on CNN, "United Shades of America."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vX4q7W02w&feature=youtu.be

Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher or Google and follow us on IG, Twitter, and FB!